Sunday, December 31, 2006

FAQ

What is TheCreationStation?
It is a blog devoted to promoting etsy sellers. It's not my personal blog.

Who is eligible to be featured?
Anyone who has a shop on etsy.com

How many sales do I have to have to be eligible?
None. That's kind of the point of this whole thing.

Etsy already has a Featured Member section, but most of the people chosen are very popular sellers who have lots of sales. There's a place for that here too, of course. Like I said, everyone is welcome! But I definitely want to spotlight new folks and smaller sellers.

How are the sellers screened?
I'm not going to check for a criminal history, if that's what you mean! After all, this site does not vouch for the integrity of the featured business owners. Everyone I've dealt with at etsy -- and I've purchased quite a few things -- have been honest people with great products.

But if you have a dispute with a seller you saw here, it's not my problem. I'm all about the love, man. The love and the art.

Now -- if you're a seller with 5 percent positive feedback, then no. I probably won't feature you. No point is asking for trouble.

How much does all this cost?

Nothing! It's free!

Yeah, right. This is one of those sites where you get paid per hit.

Nope.

OK, freak. Why are you doing this?

To meet other etsy sellers. To have fun. To get good karma. And who knows, maybe I'll sell a couple of things on my own site. That would be cool. But mostly, I'm a very creative person. I'm a writer by trade and doing something like this helps me sharpen my own computer/writing skills. Ok? OKKKAAAAAYYYY??

You have too much time on your hands.

My husband, two small sons and three dogs would disagree. They would, however, concede that my priorities are wonky.

OK. So I've been chosen as a featured seller. Now what?

It's very easy.

First, answer these questions and then convo them back to me (both questions and answers)

Your Shop Name
Your real name (first name)
First boyfriend (or girlfriend)?
When did you first start crafting?
Got a day job? What is it?
Smurfs or Barbies?
What creation are you most proud of and why? (send me a photo link and we can post pic)
What's the ugliest thing you ever made? (got a pic???? )
Explain your etsy shop name.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Final words?

Photos:
I'm taking them off people's etsy sites. I've tried doing it with flickr and other photo hosting site and it's not working out. SO. If you have a preference of which of your pieces you want featured, convo me the link to that page and I'll snatch the photos.
What can I do to help?
Promote promote promote! Tell everyone you know about Etsy.com and -- of course -- this site. This is your moment to shine. Tell the world!!

Who are you? How can I contact you?
My name is Andrea. I live in Austin, TX.
You can contact me through my shop at POWDERPUFF.ETSY.COM
You can also email me at pantrypuff@yahoo.com

Is anyone even looking at this site?
Besides me? I have no idea. That's why I just installed a nifty Site Meter at the very bottom of the page. Click on it and you'll see the number of views.
Tres clever, non?

Andrea, you're a goddess!
Oh you mustn't say such things.

Seriously!
Well...if you insist. The reader IS always right.

Anything else?
Nope. Just get out there and buy stuff from etsy!

15 Comments:

At 5:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so cool! I'm addicted to etsy too -- as a buyer, although I'm on a strict budget until I go back to work -- and just spent hours looking at stuff. I'll be back again to see who you're featuring next.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Social Services Supermodel said...

Great Patty! Come back anytime!!

 
At 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea I just want to say I agree you are a Godess LOL. And your style of writing is fantastic. Does writing have 2 t's in it or 1?
Oh and thanks for doing this to promote our Etsy shops.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger Allison said...

You are a wonderful person. Just thought I'd let you know.

...But you probably already did know that... Whatever. ;)

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Kelly McCants said...

Fun Fun Fun! I am listing you one my blog as a crafty friend. thanks for doing this I love finding new etsy sellers that I might not have found any other way! You ARE a goddess!

here's me

http://modernjune.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Kelly McCants said...

Fun Fun Fun! I am listing you one my blog as a crafty friend. thanks for doing this I love finding new etsy sellers that I might not have found any other way! You ARE a goddess!

here's me

http://modernjune.blogspot.com/

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Dewdrops Unique Designs and Custom Jewelry said...

I havent opened my blog in a while. Thanks so much for the idea and the gathering effect for fellow artists and designers.

My etsy is dewdropuniquedesigns.etsy.com

tyvm!; )

«:::P:::» «:::E:::» «:::R:::» «:::F:::» «:::E:::» «:::C:::» «:::T:::»

 
At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Powderpuff!

I am very new to Etsy and started my own shop only today!. I sell photography cards about lots of things, but so far about my home town Richmond Upon Thames, England, India and animals. They'll be so much more, but these are my most popular at craft fairs here in London. I have been a photographer for a while and hope to be a full time pro one day very soon.

Hope they make the grade!

Kindest regards

Leela

my blog: www.quickerfastermore.typepad.com

my etsy:
www.qfmphotography.etsy.com

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

smurfs always ..they rule,,,

 
At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crickey - I gave you the wrong etsy address...eek! what a crappy newbie!!

its www.quickerfastermore.etsy.com


oh the shame!

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. I will definately email the questions w/answers back. Thanks! I'm at solobooks.etsy.com
I love your stuff by the way :)

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a great blog. I just opened shop and only have 3 items, but will be putting more stuff in soon. I hope you like my bags and keep up with this awesome site.

http://theseawithin.etsy.com

 
At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to connect and stay connected to people. I applaud you!!

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eclectic Expressions here....I love what you are doing to promote Etsy...will definetely answer your questions....

 
At 3:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home