Sunday, December 31, 2006

Featured Seller: Sojourn Curiosities

Jewelry lovers, start your drooling.


The Ivy Ring:
ivyring3


I'm not a jewelry person. Never have been. I'm 35 years old and I don't even have pierced ears. I know, I know, I'm an aberration. Get off my back.

But even I can not resist the lovelies created by our next featured seller, SojournCuriosities. Check her out.


Your Shop Name
Sojourn Curiosities

Your real name
Sarah

Name of your first grade teacher
Mrs. Greenhaugh

When did you first start crafting?
When I was 15, a long-time friend of the family, who was a beader, got me started with some seed beads and thread. String, knot and wear; just right for me then. After that came clasps, larger beads, weaving hemp, simple earrings and, so, it evolved... it still is!

What creation are you most proud of and why?
Ah... that would be a piece from my "What the Nets Brought In" collection, titled "Christmas Eve on Fairmont Ave." I am proud of it because it takes a concept, a memory that is dear to my heart, and conveys it beautifully in a way that others can connect with.

What the Nets Brought In- Vesuvius, 1631 Cuff:
redcuff2


What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
I consider it all part of my history and growth. It may not all be salable, but it all helps to hone skills and refine the senses.

Beatles or Elvis?
Beatles, all the way. My love of The Beatles, strangely enough, got its start around the same time as my making jewelry!

Chunky Money or New York Superfudge Chunk?
Can I say Cherry Garcia? It's just that I've never had either of those!

World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
World peace! The feeling I have when designing and creating my pieces is something that is very grounding, connecting and uplifting. I wish for everyone to feel that way, somehow.

Final words?
Take a moment, whenever you can, however you can, to ground, touch inspiration, and just be.

Adrift Ring

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your stuff! Other then having a very creative streak, your work shows "fun" in all its details!

So glad you got featured!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home