Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Featured Seller: EnchantedClay

Here is my fantasy.

I am at a garden tea party in Maine. It is late summer, the leaves are lush, the flowers brilliant. And I -- dressed in a chiffon dress and big floppy hat -- am pouring tea for my guests with this:



I mean, seriously. Can't you see it? Oh EnchantedClay , you've struck me to the core with your whimsical work.

Let's learn some more about this great seller, shall we?

What is the name of your Etsy Shop?
EnchantedClay

What is your real name?
Linda

What is the name of your first grade teacher?
Sister Prudence

How long have you been crafting?
It seems I've always made things.

What is the item you are most proud of?
At the moment, it is this whimsical mirror.

I made all the tiles for it and it's silly and kitschy and was so much fun to make.

What is the ugliest thing you've ever made and can we see it?
The ugliest thing I've made was my first mosaiced piece. I am self-taught and didn't know about sanded and unsanded grout at the time. The pieces started falling off. I show it to my students to show them how bad I was when I first started and that they will be great! And no, you can't see it!

What is your real job?
To make money to pay the bills in "real life," I am a flight attendant which gives me a lot of time to do my art. Sometimes I make jewelry in my hotel room on my overnights.

Beatles or Elvis?
A little of both depending on my mood. But I'd really rather listen to Stevie Nicks while I work and it has to be LOUD!

Chunky Monkey or Super NY Fudge?
Definitely chunky monkey!



World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
World peace, because then everyone will be happy and mellow and serene and buy my stuff!! Just kidding, of course, world peace period.

Final Words
I'm very happy I found Etsy. I've only been here a month but have talked to some great people, buyers and sellers. It's great to be able to put your things out there for a small fee. It's like having a brick and mortar store without the high monthly rent. I love waking up and running to the computer to see if I've sold anything. I do the snoopy happy dance when I have!

3 Comments:

At 5:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea, you didn't finish the fantasy about the tea party. I'm there with you, pouring tea from this Alice-in-Wonderland tea pot, and eating little sandwiches and cookies! What fun pieces you have created, Linda. Love your work.

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Social Services Supermodel said...

Oh yeah, cookies and sandwiches! Perfect!

 
At 4:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow great art and site you go girl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home