Friday, January 05, 2007

Featured Seller: Rose of Sharon Acres

I swear to God, if I was 18 again, I would wear this soap to the prom...



How does this ETSY sellers do it? She makes soap look like haute couture.

Get to know Rose of Sharon Acres.

Your Shop Name:
Rose of Sharon Acres.

Your real name
Monica

Name of your first grade teacher:
Wow, my memory doesn't go back that far...I do remember my third grade - Mrs. Wood - does that count?

When did you first start crafting?
Forever, the different phases of crafting have been fun - remember macrame?

Got a day job? What is it?
Yes, Homeschool mom, gardener and goat sitter!



What creation are you most proud of and why?
I really am amazed with all the soap recipes - chemistry is so awesome. My current favorite is the Bay Splash which is a spicy blend that men will love. Women tend to care for their skin, but guys need to also.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Failed batches of soap - the oil always sits on the top saying you messed up!

Beatles or Elvis?
Elvis of course!

Chunky Money or New York Superfudge Chunk?
Goat Milk Ice Cream any flavor!

World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
Gosh, are either really possible?

Final words?
After 15 year of marriage my husband finally talked me to moving into the country; now I wonder why I dug my heels in for so long! I love walking out to the barn every morning to see the girls, listening to the roosters crow and just smelling the fresh, clean air. Goats are wonderful, loving animals that are always happy to see you. The soap started when we had gallons of milk and itchy, dry skin. Having been raised in an medically alternative family, natural healing and herbs was a way of life. Now soap, especially natural blends, has brought a sense of fulfillment and pleasure, a way to help people with frustrating skin issues and feed our herd at the same time.

I love Etsy, the community of Etsy and am thankful for the staff that continues to meet the needs of the little people out in cyber space!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home