Friday, February 09, 2007

Featured seller: Trollflings

I am wayyyyyyy too manic. In my next life, I'm going to take it easy, see the sights, smell the flowers, all that jazz.

In my next life, I'm coming back as this:



I will live in a mystical, magical kingdom filled with fairies and elves and goofy looking creatures. I will live here:




This will be my best friend:



And this is the grizzled, wise old soul who will guide us through our many adventures:



Doesn't that sound great? But it may take a while to find this brave new world of mine. So until then, I'll have to live the dream through The TrollflingsĀ® of Amber Matthies.

Your Shop Name
The TrollflingsĀ® of Amber Matthies.

Your real name
Amber

Fifth grade teacher?
Mr. Gibbons

When did you first start crafting?
When I was 12. I sold wire wrapped marble necklaces..to kids at my school. Had a nice little business going from it, and I got hooked.

Got a day job? What is it?
No Day job

What creation are you most proud of and why?
This little guy here



He combined my love of the muppets and yoda, with my love of trolls. I also felt after his completion...that I was as real of an artist as anyone else. :)

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
When I first started sculpting...I made this ugly little blue sleeping goblin. (no, no pic) I can't begin to think about what I was thinking when I made him...but yep I kept him anyway. Not his fault he is horrid.

Explain your etsy shop name.
Trollflings are half elf-ling(baby elves) and half trolls...hence...trollfling!

Angelina or Jen?
DEFINITELY Jen.

Final words?
I have a reputation for being too "cheery" but honestly...I spent enough of my life being miserable. I am in a good place now and I wish that same happiness for everyone.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

How cute! On my way to check out your site now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home