Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Featured Seller: Catherine Marissa

Dear Angry Etsy Forum Posters:

How I love the forums.

I love the ideas, the cameraderie, the sense of play. And I love the drama.

I'm sorry, I do. I know that's very low-brow for me to admit. I know I should claim to ignore it in favor of reading the classics.

But no. It's a train wreck I just can't ignore.

I have plenty to say on most topics, but, really, who cares what I think? So I just read everything, then talk about all of you behind your backs. To my husband. Who has no idea what I am going on about.

You know what would heal all of us? SHOPPING THERAPY.

And, personally, I would start with this:



One look at this lovely lady's page is enough to make the venom evaporate, even if just for a few moments. It's so pretty and colorful and fun. She's got a great range of prices and all sorts of styles.

So seriously people -- stop being angry and start being MATERIALISTIC! It's the American way.

Love and money orders,
Powderpuff

Your Shop Name
Catherine Marissa

Your real name
Catherine

Fifth grade teacher?
Mrs. Shaw - I remember we got to do ceramics in her class. I made a sleeping raccoon for my Grandpa and a sleeping bunny for me. Guess I was really into napping even back then.

When did you first start crafting?
My mom did craft shows when I was young, so I used to craft alongside her. I mostly strung beads on pipe cleaners or painted at the easel. I liked making Christmas ornaments with beads and clay.



Got a day job? What is it?
I have a day (and night) job taking care of a two year old and a seven week old. Some wouldn't classify it as a job since I'm not making money doing it, but I do get paid in hugs, mispronounced words, and coos.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
My kids since they are so darn cute and smart. Craftwise, I was really pleased with a necklace I made with a whole lotta crystal in it.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Hmmm...I don't think anything was ever ugly, but I sure had a lot that got taken apart and made into something else. ;)

Explain your etsy shop name.
It's my name. It seems totally lacking creativity, but you'd be surprised how many people compliment my business name and ask how I came up with it.



Angelina or Jen?
That whole thing is just wrong, but I guess I'd pick Jen since I feel sorry for her.

Final words?
Come check me out and let me know what you think. I always appreciate feedback, good or bad and love getting suggestions for jewelry that people would like to see in the shop. Oh yeah, you have to shop Etsy! It's full of talented people and unique crafts.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Allison said...

I... love forum fires as well...

I just don't participate because I don't love the mud being flung at me.

And I like your stuff, Catherine Marissa. And your name. Pretty! :)

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Delaney Gates said...

"crafters in crap-cluttered living rooms are plotting a revolution..."

Oh my heck.
Too freaking funny.
Love your sense of humor, my fellow Etsian.
This was my first visit to your blog.
Uber-fab.
Totally adore it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home