Thursday, February 01, 2007

Featured seller: Basil the Cat

There are real smokers and there are pseudo smokers.

Real smokers are people who seem to have been born with nicotine in their blood. They can smoke anywhere, any time: washing dishes, swimming in the pool, on a roller coaster, giving birth, anywhere. To them, blue wisps of smoke in their eyes and up their noses are like mother's milk to a newborn.

Pseudo smokers are smokers who are always AWARE that they are smoking. Sure, they'll do it in bars or while drunk. But secretly, when no one is watching, they're waving smoke out of their eyes, airing out their clothes and scrubbing themselves with Super Duper Soap to get the smoke off their stained upper lip and off their yellow fingertips.

That was me. I smoked for four years -- Marlboro Reds -- and always managed to look stupid while doing it. But for the life of me, I know I would have looked FABULOUS with this goodie from the shop of Basil the Cat:



Today I wouldn't think to use this lovely vintage case for cigarettes. But credit cards, business cards, maybe even an ipod or something? Perfect. And if I ever get back to smoking, well, it'd be great for that too!

Shop name:
Basil the Cat:

Your real name
Rachel

Fifth grade teacher?
Some elderly woman that wouldn't let me go to the nurse when I stapled my finger.

When did you first start crafting?
As soon as I could write, I guess.

Got a day job? What is it?
Currently a stay-at-home mom ; trained as a Psychiatrist




What creation are you most proud of and why?
That's a tough one to answer on the spur-of-the-moment

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
A birhtday present halloween costume...ugly and completely impractical

Explain your etsy shop name.
It's the name of one of my cats, I started on etsy as a buyer and just used one of the logins I usually use on websites (I probably shouldn't say that for security purposes :)




Angelina or Jen?
Angelina...definitely!

Final words?
Thanks Andrea, you rock for doing this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home