Sunday, February 04, 2007

A special thank you

My house is full of etsy creations.

The coffee soap in my shower from Pegasus Soaps. The yarn from Larkspur Funny Farm, Hand Spun and Dyed Too, and Shunklies. The patches from Prize Pig, the dolls from Jennie's Art Love, the onesie from Lemon Cadet, and the little jacket from Quilted Blessings.

But one item is extra special to me.

Last month, I asked CC Creations to make me a memory box for my baby Jack.

Jack died 5 years ago due to extreme prematurity.

Since then, I've kept all his memories -- footprints, blanket, sympathy cards -- stuffed in the white lacy box the hospital gave me. I hate that box. It's so funeral-like.

I asked CC Creations to make a cobalt blue box with sunflowers on it. I wanted something pretty and happy, but not silly or cheap.

This is what she made me.





The butterflies were a surprise. They made me cry.

So thank you CC, for bringing beauty to a very painful part of my life.

Fellow Etsians, I know we all get caught up in selling our wares. We want to be successful and make money. And yes, we love the art, but let's be honest: sometimes that gets lost in the heat of the moment.

But the art that you create can really change lives. CC's changed mine.

Thanks to all of you and for everything you do.

7 Comments:

At 9:18 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

This is an incredibly beautiful post. Thank you so very much for sharing and I'm glad that you found something that you can keep your son's memories in while still bringing joy to your heart. Special thank you, indeed. :)

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Recy Vintage & Creations said...

What a wonderful gift! Your post touched my heart. Blessings to you...

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Beth Lemon said...

This made me cry again. It's so sweet and so amazing.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Daria Schaffnit said...

What a lovely box to keep your son's things. Much better, I'm sure, than what the hospital gave you. I am so sorry that he isn't present with you in the flesh. I imagine that his spirit is close all the time, though, and that the butterflies & sunflowers make him smile.

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Mama-Alice and Dada-Terry said...

That is so sweet. It brough tears to my eyes. Lovely memory box.

 
At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing that - I'm glad you have something beautiful to safekeep those special items.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home