Saturday, January 06, 2007

Featured Seller: CajunBagLady

Anyone who knows me knows I'm hell on a sewing machine.

I can't sew a straight line. I can't keep the thread in the bobbin. And I can NOT make anything even remotely like this:



This shop has it all: elegance, creativity, sensibility. Please put your cyber hands together for Cajun Bag Lady!

Your Shop Name:
Cajun Bag Lady

Your real name:
Theresa

Name of your first grade teacher:
I can not for the life of me remember

When did you first start crafting?
Since I was a toddler but serious crafting when my grandmother really started to teach me how to sew and do other fun crafts.

Got a day job? What is it?
I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful children. I have been a hairstylist for 15 years but would not trade staying at home with my children for anything in the world. My crafting helps me to be able to still provide for my family and stay home at the same time.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
My coloring book and crayon caddy. I originally designed this for my daughter because I was so tired of the mess when she started pulling out all the crayons and coloring books and never putting anything back where it goes. so I designed this and now she and my son bring theirs whenever they go to visit anyone.



What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
I was asked by a customer to make a long necklace with huge chunky red beads that no one would wear with some odd colors in between. She loved it but wasnt my favorite by far.

Final words?
Crafting for me is not just a love of creating. It is about taking pride in what I do and standing by my product design and construction. I design every product that I carry in my shop, and I put a lot of love, blood, sweat and tears into every design.

3 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is so fun! And I love those little coin purses. I need to go check them out.

 
At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, they're for business cards. I might now have to get a job where I have business cards just so I can have a cute little holder for them.

 
At 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bought that crayon bag for my grandbaby! Awesome and different product for those kids who seem to have everything!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home