Monday, January 22, 2007

Featured Seller: Red Panda Chainmail

OK confession time.

When I saw the name of our next featured seller's name -- Red Panda Chainmail -- I thought she was writing chain mail in support of pandas.

I did not realize she made gems like this:



Don't hate me because I'm stupid. But love Red Panda Chainmail because she's a crafting genius!

It's only right.

Your Shop Name
Red Panda Chainmail

Your real name
Jessica!

Fifth grade teacher?
Her name was Mrs Waldron and she was the meanest teacher I ever had. She would always give me pink slips and tell me I was holding my pencil wrong. (I hold it between my third and pinky fingers almost like in a fist instead of like normal.)

When did you first start crafting?
I started this kind of crafting about two years ago. My best friend's floydfriend inspired me to start doing chainmail, and I've only grown since then! I now use beads, and I've learned a lot more weaves since then. I've also started to get into sterling silver. Sterling is expensive!

Got a day job? What is it?
I do! I work at a hotel. Inside my hotel (Gaylord Opryland), there is a river. That is right. A river inside of a hotel. There are boats on this river. Real boats. I drive the boats and give tours while doing it. People listen to me and love me and sometimes they give me tips, but rarely. (Tip your tour guides if you enjoy your tour you guys!)

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I made a whole purse out of chainmaille once. It took a LONG time to do, but it was really cute! It sold on New Year's day. It made me really happy.



What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
I make a lot of things in my head that just don't work out at all once I try to maille them into existence. I usually just take them apart and try to recycle the rings into something that's actually pretty.
Most people don't know that I make synthetic dreadlocks as well. I have made a TON of those that were just plain old ugly and fuzzy and would never sell.

Explain your etsy shop name
First off, look how cute they are!



The Nashville zoo has a pair of red pandas, and I had a membership there so I would go see them once a week or so. They are adorable, and they walk pigeon-toed, and they scratch their butts on sticks. What's not to love? Sure it has nothing to do with chainmail, but I love em!

Angelina or Jen?
I don't really watch TV or movies, but I'd definitely pick Jen. I don't understand why everyone like's Angelina's lips. I think Jen has more of a natural beauty. And my boyfriend's sister is named Jennifer. As was my mom. I don't even know anyone named Angelina.

Final words?
Don't forget the bug spray when walking in the woods.
Go play with your dog!
Etsy rules. Y'all can have free Priority mail shipping if you mention this blog in the notes to seller comments when checking out.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cool job! and a ridiculous name for a hotel!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home