Sunday, January 28, 2007

Featured Seller: Girly Girl Bags

This is an Etsy 911 moment.

So I'm sitting here on a Sunday morning, trying to bring YOU -- my BELOVED READERS -- the best and brightest of Etsy and what's happening?

The 15-month old is refusing Fruity Pebbles and demanding chicken nuggets. The 4 year old is jumping on the furniture and pretending not to know one of his friends. My annoying dog keeps begging to go outside, then begging to come inside.

I stink. I haven't showered in (insert embarassing number of days here). Let's not even talk about my diet.

My only refuge is this:



This is an emergency. I need beauty, style, comfort.

Girly Girl Bags, take me away...

Your Shop Name
Girly Girl Bags

Your real name
Deb

Fifth grade teacher?
I have no idea... ;-)

When did you first start crafting?
As a child, my mom used to organize little craft get togethers with neighborhood kids.

Got a day job? What is it?
I work for a non profit, The Arc Hamilton County - its an advocacy agency that works with people with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. I do Quality Assurance reviews for people with disabilities who live in the community- to ensure they are satisfied with thier residential services

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I really like how this felted bag turned out, it was sent to Martha Stewart in an Etsy promo basket -

girly

Explain your etsy shop name.
My niece told me I used to be a "tom girl" and that now I am a "girly girl" so hence the name!

Angelina or Jen?
Jen

Final words?
My father in law refurbishes sewing machines and kept trying to give me one. I kept telling him I had no interest in sewing until my sister in law showed me some placemat purses she made. I started sewing on a little plastic Singer then graduated up to my Huskvarna. This was two years ago and I haven't looked back since!

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 2 of Deb's handmade purses and I just love them!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb is great! I've got several of her purses going all the way back to when she first started Girly Girl Bags and I love them all. She rocks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home