Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Featured Seller: Mountain Eagle Crafter

It's cold and grey and creepy outside. I don't need this depressing weather nonsense.

That's why I am officially closing myself off in a bubble of color until spring. I will only wear fabulously colorful things, only think about fabulously colorful things and only LOOK AT fabulously colorful things.

Things like this:



Ahhhhhh. I feel so much better now!

You will too after you check out MountainEagleCrafter .

Your Shop Name
MountainEagleCrafter

Your real name
Susan

Fifth grade teacher?
"Miss Chris". I don't think I ever knew her last name; it was one of those strange Montessori schools. And she was one strange lady.



When did you first start crafting?
I started knitting at 8. One day I was poking around in my mother's things and found some yarn and knitting needles. When I took them to her and asked what on Earth they were, she taught me to knit instead of walloping me for being where I shouldn't have been, in the deep depths of a closet. Heh!

Got a day job? What is it?
Nope. I'm one of the many Etsy sellers living with disabilities.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
An "Oddball Shawl" that I haven't yet gotten Etsy-worthy photographs of. It won first place in the 2005 Tennesee State Fair for "Original Creative Design".



What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
A crocheters' Yahoogroup once held an "Ugly Square Contest" and sold the resulting afghans to benefit one of our members. I'm not quite sure what this says about me: I won first place in 3 out of the 5 categories. *shudder*

Explain your Etsy shop name.
I live on a mountain in Tennessee that is known locally as "Monteagle Mountain". Yes, that's somewhat redundant. (Monteagle is the only town in the county that abuts the Interstate.) When I decided to try my hand at selling my handknits, I went to sign up for a free email address that would be dedicated to crafty things. "Eagle Mountain" and similar were already taken, so I ended up choosing "Mountain_Eagle_Crafter". Several years later, it was the natural choice for my shop name.


Angelina or Jen?
Who? I suppose my not-owning-a-TV is showing.


Final words?
One of my favorite Etsy things is making custom orders. If something in my shop isn't "just right" for what you want - or if you want something made that you have not been able to find *anywhere* - let me know. I'd love to make something that will delight you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home