Monday, January 29, 2007

Featured Seller: Moda Designs Jewellery

When I was in 5th grade, I REALLY wanted to be named Jennifer.

Jennifer M. was the most popular girl in our school. Everyone wanted to sit next to her during lunch. So much so that reservations had to be made early in the morning or one could end up sitting 5 people removed from La Jennifer. And as any social climbing 5th grader knows, that would NOT DO.

I never got to sit near Jennifer. The closest I ever got, I think, was twice removed.

I never really understood Miss J's popularity. She was not pretty. And she barely qualified as nice. She did not deserve her popularity. SHE DID NOT!

But you know who does? Moda Designs Jewellry.



How I love this lady. She's sweet and talented and always has time to answer a stupid question or two.

Everyone cheer the woman who SHOULD have been the most popular girl in my class Moda Designs Jewellry!

Your Shop Name
Moda Designs Jewellery (Yes, that is how it is spelled in Canada, and most of the English-speaking world. I prefer the shortened American version, but for business licensing in Canada...)

Your real name
Gina (Yes, I was born in Italy, no I don't remember anything, I got home just in time to "watch" the moon walk...)

Fifth grade teacher?
Fifth or sixth, I forget which; Mrs. Therio (as in Cheerio). The poor first-year teacher! She had 3 Lisas, 2 Lauries, a Jenny, a Jenna, and a Gina! But worst of all, the school system put Gina and Laurie in the same class-room! We were hell-raisers! ;D

When did you first start crafting?
Probably around 2 years-old!

Got a day job? What is it?
Nope, I'm handicapped due to a run-in with a young driver wherein I was in the cross-walk! I bought a house and a business start-up from the insurance settlement. Etsy IS my job!

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I've got a favorite pearl and vermeil spacer that look great together. I've put it into several sets including my Rubies set and my Emeralds set! (send me a photo link and we can post pic)





What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Um, I didn't keep photos. Some of my early stuff was pretty nasty-looking!

Explain your etsy shop name.
Moda is Italian for fashion. I've used it through the last 3 businesses!

Angelina or Jen?
Who cares? No TV hook-up. I can't justify $600/year for yet another veg-out tool. I spend all day on the computer, I don't need to spend all night in front of a TV!

Final words?
I try to make my designs affordable for all budgets. I can swap supplies and stones to make a design more affordable if someone desires a design but can't afford it. Please convo me about how I can assist you in making your desires a reality!
I also sell supplies in http://cheapboutique.etsy.com

5 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE those heart earrings with Rubies!

 
At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is criticism welcome here?

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Social Services Supermodel said...

I don't really understand, anonymous. Do you want to critique the sellers or the site?

 
At 2:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sellers. I love the site!

 
At 6:39 AM , Blogger Social Services Supermodel said...

Well thank you so much anonymous! But let not do criticism here. Even the best of intentions can be misunderstood and turn ugly. Let's leave that to the forums and RD and his golden lock!

I'm sure if people have contructive criticism for the sellers, a convo would be welcomed...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home