Saturday, January 27, 2007

Featured Seller: SweetyPrize

Oh SweetyPrize.

Your real first name -- Catherine -- brings back such memories.

Catherine was the name of my first shrink. Well, technically, she was a psychologist, but whatever. A shrink is a shink is a shrink in my (admittedly twisted) mind.

ANYWAY. Catherine was great. She was tall and thin with a hippie vibe to her flowing skirts and greying hair. She was so nice. She'd been married three times, which made her human and (maybe?) pretty experienced to be doling out the advice.

She liked Cirque Du Soleil. Good times, good times...

And now, take a peek at our next featured seller (but not my shrink) SweetyPrize.



Your Shop Name
SweetyPrize

Your real name
Catherine

Fifth grade teacher?
Mrs. Wilkins

When did you first start crafting?
Before Mrs. Wilkins!

Got a day job? What is it?
I trudge out to government meetings and then write about it.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I made my bed spread. It is only the fourth project I made and I've yet to finish it, it is so big. It is the same double crochet about fifty million times, but it is so colorful. I made it entirely out of scrap yarn, so that is how it managed to be so colorful. Runner up is my cassette tape creations. I couple yarn with cassette tape and crochet items that way, bags and hats and coasters. Nifty. I also took my entire bedroom set and decoupaged it in fancy papers and ephemera, and stained it blue before sealing it.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
I took two white shoulder pads out of a blazer, stitched them together, sewed a flamingo patch on it and then made a plaid design with fabric marker. It fits my iPod. It's ridiculous.

Explain your etsy shop name.
I am a sweety, and so is my fiance. He is a prize. He's the sweety prize. Sometimes, as a sweety, you can get smooches because you are so sweet. And that's your prize for being a sweety.




Angelina or Jen?
I'd choose Brad, I suppose.

Final words? I don't like patterns.
I like inspiration. I like looking at something and seeing what else it could become. I'd rather make something myself than go out and buy it. I'd rather be seen as a clever and creative person than an artist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home