Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Featured Seller: Antelucan Daisy Designs

So last night I was watching Red Dawn.

You KNOW! Red Dawn -- that 80s movie where the Russians (I think) attack the United States and Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell, Jennifer Grey, that Guy Who Got Knifed in The Outsiders become guerilla warriors.

Remember NOW???

Anyway, I'm watching that movie last night and decided that if the communists attack Austin, I want to be seen in these:



Why? Because they're so interesting and elegant and lovely that the Communists would be hypnotized by them. Then I could kick them in the shins and run to the mountains while planning my revenge with a young but full of potential Charlie Sheen.

And that's how I spent my evening.

On to our featured seller, and creator of Communist Distraction Earrings, Antelucan Daisy Designs.


Your Shop Name
Antelucan Daisy Designs.


Your real name
Katherine

Fifth grade teacher?
Mrs Cheatwood.

When did you first start crafting?
With little bits of wood and fabric from my parent's workrooms. My dad still has a little balsa wood boat I built and decorated for him. It's hideous but fun.

Got a day job? What is it?
I'm a graduate student in entomology at Louisiana State (yes- that's bugs), and on the weekends I work at a local quilt shop here in Baton Rouge doing machine quilting and teaching classes.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I'm not sure there's any one creation that I'm more proud of than others (other than possibly my first set of knotted pearls that don't slip- but they're not for sale) I really love that I've been working with using non-traditional materials (like scrapbooking stuff, letter tiles from games, vintage buttons etc.) to make awesome and fun things. I'm really proud of the alphabet soup bracelet and counting bracelets just because I think they're really different. I also like things that make people look twice...







What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Oh dear. The outfit I made for 4H-sewing when I was a kid... I remember ocean print culottes and a matching vest with shells and a teal t-shirt and tote bag. I asked my mother not too long ago "Why did you let me use that fabric... it's hideous!" and she replied "that's what you picked out, it was your project, you loved it." I guess that's what happened in the 80s :)

Explain your etsy shop name.
Antelucan means "after the night falls" so it's daisies that bloom after the night falls.

Angelina or Jen?
Angelina.

Final words?
nope. not really other than I love etsy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home