Thursday, January 11, 2007

Featured Seller: My Sister's Great Idea

Ugly dogs rock. They seriously do.



And I love this dog. I've decided his name is Jean-Paul. He loves espresso and chocolate biscotti. And when he thinks no one is looking, he puts on glittery purple leg warmers and dances to Irene Cara's "What A Feeling" as only a true Jennifer Beals fan can.

Great photographers evoke great imagination. But photography isn't the only thing going on at My Sister's Great Idea. They've got jewelry and decorative boxes and all kinds of cool stuff.

And, of course, Jean-Paul. Please meet the lovely ladies of My Sister's Great Idea.

Your Shop Name
My Sister's Great Idea.

Your real names
Jeanie & Chrissy

Name of your first grade teacher
Miss McCoy and Mrs. Aldrich, respectively

When did you first start crafting?
As a small child.

Got a day job? What is it?
Jeanie is a photojournalist at the Chicago Sun-Times; Chrissy is a Certified Athletic Trainer, soon to be working in a PT clinic.



What creation are you most proud of and why?
Jeanie's java love box and Chrissy's initial bookmarks.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
A lousy Christmas ornament that I made as adult that looks like I was five when I made it.

Beatles or Elvis?
Elvis

Chunky Money or New York Superfudge Chunk?
Chunky Monkey

World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
World Peace, without a doubt; I just make the world prettier, peace makes the world safe.

Final words?
My sister and I love, love, love etsy and the creative energy that we have re-discovered with the birth of our shop. It keeps us connected over 1000 miles, with Jeanie in Chicago (where we were born) and Chrissy in Denver. I hope you love our stuff as much as we love making it! Thanks for reading our profile :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home