Friday, February 16, 2007

Featured Seller: Neccies

Dear Neccies:

Your photography is AMAZING.

SERIOUSLY. You could sell these pictures...





And, oh yeah. Your jewelry rocks too :)

Your Shop Name
Neccies

Your real name
Kelly

Fifth grade teacher?
Mrs. Johnson - Not related to the Mr. Johnson who taught 4th grade. ; )

When did you first start crafting?
As a child, I used to do cross-stitch and tried my hand at crochet. During high school, I moved onto simple beading projects. Most of my crafting time disappeared through my college years (I was lucky to find time to read a book for pleasure, let alone craft something!), though I did take a pottery class as an elective. That was fun times! I recently got back into beading/jewelry-making.



Got a day job? What is it?
I do. I'm a Network Administrator for an electrical manufacturer. Another cohort and I keep our computer systems up and running for about 500 users. Some days are easier than others... But, after being on a computer all day, it's nice to go home and bend wire or string beads.

What creation are you most proud of and why?



My amber bracelet. It's one of my earlier creations. I decided to wrap the jump rings I made to give it some interest. I love how it turned out.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
I made some pretty ugly Mardi Gras masks (think feathers exploding, glitter paint everywhere...) as a pre-teen.

Explain your etsy shop name.
Mimi & Neccie
My 2 year old daughter has a bear blanket lovey, one of those loveys with a small bear with a small square of fabric attached. One day, she started calling the bear "Mimi". Probably "Meme", more accurately - she is two after all!
She also has an amber teething necklace that she likes to wear. She couldn't say "necklace", though. It comes out as "nessy".

Angelina or Jen?
What exactly are whe choosing here? Which one I need to off so Brad Pitt ends up as my love slave? (Obviously, I choose Angelina, then) ; )

Final words?
Thank you for giving Etsy sellers another forum to get the word out!

3 Comments:

At 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Powder!
I convo'd you some time ago, but I just realize from the forums that not everybody has been getting their convos. Anyways, just let me know and I can email my info instead.

Thanks!

Honey

honeyandbliss.etsy.com

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Your photographs is fabulous. Do you use a light box?
I think your jewelry is great too. I am going to go heart you now.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

BTW I am mycreativecorner.etsy.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home