Saturday, March 10, 2007

Featured Seller: Sharon Foster Art

I'm no literary critic, but My Sweet Audrina rocks.

No, I'm not just discovering this fiction gem. I read this book more than 20 years ago. Loved it then, love it now.

Poor Audrina. It's not easy growing up in a house full of wackos. but at least she has pretty hair and fabulous eyes, and, in the end, isn't that what it's all about?

Speaking of beauty, check this out:



Sharon Foster Art has the most beautiful things. I love her bold colors and choice of subjects. So let's learn more about her!

Your Shop Name
Sharon Foster Art --- More descriptive than creative. Have to save all that creativity for the paintings and art.

Your real name
Sharon Gee, I hope all the questions are this easy.

Fifth grade teacher?
Anabelle Shivers - she was also my 3rd grade teacher. She graduated to the 5th grade too. We thought she was incredibly cool and she was. Single, tall and pretty and drove a convertible. She loved to read to us. Since retiring from teaching, Miss Shivers is a story teller and performs at those storytelling festivals.



When did you first start crafting?
Age 5 or 6 --I always loved the crayons, the scissors, the paper, making stuff and clay and playdough, etc. I went to a great school on the campus of the university that I work at now. We had art classes all the time and wonderful projects and art teachers & student teachers. Very progressive.

Got a day job?
Oh, yeah. Human Resources Professional at a university.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
It changes all the time. Right now it is a painting that I worked at when I went to a painting workshop with Kaffe Fassett. It's loaded with color. He's wonderful! He works in several different medias - we share a love of color. Google him! Buy his books. I love the process of creating and painting.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Too many to count. The ugliest was probably a milk can -those big metal cans that farmers used to get the milk to the dairy that I painted some horrible picture on. I hope by now it has rusted away in some landfill and is resting in peace. It also could be in some haunted house scaring children. There is also a bad painting at my mom's house. It is hung to the right of the Bad Hair Photo Wall of Shame. I keep meaning to redo it.



Explain your etsy shop name.
It's easy. My user id on Ebay is the name of my former two fish and I wanted something more descriptive.

Angelina or Jen?
Jen. I still miss the Rachel haircut from "Friends".

Final words?
Etsy is extremely fun and a super vehicle by which to introduce others to your art. I have meet the best people - both customers and artists & crafters and artist customers amd crafter customers. And BLOG writers. I could spend all my time just looking at the wonderful things on etsy. Thanks for letting me be on your blog.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.. your work is amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home