Saturday, February 24, 2007

Featured seller: Carrie Scott

I want to look like this:



I know it's wrong. I'm 35 years old. I should be embracing the unbraceable me. Hugging my womanhood. Loving my lard all that.

But no. I want to be a fabulously blond cartoon character created by Carrie Scott. Don't hate me because I'm ridiculous.

Your Shop Name
Carrie Scott

Your real name
Carrie

Fifth grade teacher?
I honestly can't remember, which is horrible because it was not that long ago.

When did you first start crafting?
If I can consider my first crafting experience as coloring books, then I think I was two. If we're talking actually creating something from scratch, then I'd have to go with the age of six or seven. I would create custom cards and comic strips for my parents out of the same character. He had a spike mo-hawk and a lot of piercings and would say all of the things in the comics that I wasn't allowed to say or was too afraid to. Better than an imaginary friend, right?




Got a day job? What is it?
I'm an insurance agent. When people ask me where I work, I tell them to close their eyes and imagine the most boring place they have ever been. Now multiply that by ten.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I was pretty proud of the last mural I did. Here's a pic:



The people that I painted it for have a beautiful custom home. I was so proud that they allowed me to be a part of creating a permanant piece of art on their wall.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
Anything ugly I have ever made has been thrown away to erase all proof that it ever existed. Therefore, I have NEVER made anything ugly.

Explain your etsy shop name.
It's my name! (I thought long and hard about it)

Angelina or Jen?
Jen because she's the underdog. Everyone loves the lady who adopts all the orphans!




Final words?
I find that I'm bipolar when it comes to inspiration. I'm bone dry or spilling over the edges with ideas. This is why I love creating custom work. You get to tell me what you want. This way I don't end up walking around the house in circles with painters-block. (It IS a word)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home