Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Featured Seller: My Creative Corner

Some of my favorite Etsy items are cards and paper. Look at this:



I just love the colors!

This is usually the part where I tell you some charming anecdote about how I once painted clam shells or ate a box of crayons or ate a human kidney or whatever. Not today, my friends! Now I just want to tell you to check out the great work from today's featured seller My Creative Corner

Your Shop Name
My Creative Corner

Your real name
Sherry

Fifth grade teacher?
OK, it’s on the tip of my tongue, I can picture her. Nope can’t remember. I do remember her trying to help me with math but it was hopeless.

When did you first start crafting?
I have been crafting forever. My Mom is an artist and she discovered to keep kids still give them paper and crayons. As an adult, I started sewing again after I was married. My husband bought a sewing machine for my birthday. I have a friends, Jan, who has her own jewelry making business and she is teaching me. I love doing all sorts of creative stuff.



Got a day job? What is it?
Yes, I have been in law enforcement for almost 10 years. I was a patrol officer and now I am training in Investigations.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I am really proud of a dress that is almost finished. I used a vintage remake fabric and a 1940’s pattern. I think it is one of the best I have made.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
No picture. My upcycling attempt for the contest on Etsy was a disaster and I threw it away. It involved vinyl, fabric, and a JoAnn’s flyer. I was going to make a wallet with the flyer behind the vinyl and it really didn’t work. I threw it away.



Explain your etsy shop name.
My Mom has 6 kids so space was at a premium. She kept a corner to herself that she tried to keep us out of and called it her creative corner. I stole it from Mom.

Angelina or Jen?
Jen – but I don’t really care in the long run. I am not much on who’s doing what in Hollywood.

Final words?
Thanks for doing this. I have been trying to get my Etsy shop exposure and I love your blog so this is perfect. Good luck to everyone being featured.
Don't be afraid to do trades. It is a great way to get great Etsy items without spending money. Plus, your site gets "sales". My advise is to not leave feedback until you receive the item because there are probably a couple of shops doing it for sales and then not sending the item so that they can relist it. The only recourse you would have is the negative feedback.

1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, I must have missed the story about eating a human kidney. Maybe that should be included in your next feature.

I love the cards on Etsy too. Many of my Etsy purchases are cards.

Nice pick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home