Sunday, February 25, 2007

Featured Seller: Creative Sparkle

I am such a dope.

Would you believe that I stayed up until almost 3 a.m. this morning watching-- of all things -- The Burning Bed? I can not express how that movie transfixes me. No one does Sick-Of-Being-Beat-Up-Gonna-Light-My-Man-On-Fire like Farrah. The woman is my hero.

I do, however, wonder if the actor playing her hubby got a few real shots in there during shooting. Farrah, cancer aside, is looking pretty rough these days.

But you know what DOES NOT look like hell? Anything in the shop of Creative Sparkle



I love this lady's stuff. Let's learn more about her, shall we?

Your shop name
Creative Sparkle


Your real name
Christina (My friends call me Stina)

Fifth grade teacher?
Ms. Cory. She loved pigs and chocolate. She was a very quirky lady. I gave her a drawing of a pig and a hershey bar and I was set.



When did you first start crafting?
I've been crafting since I could use scissors. I used to cut out pieces of felt, construction paper, and other things and glue them together. Everything was topped with mountains of glitter, of course.

Got a day job? What is it?
I run an after school program for elementary school kids. That group has taught me patience, definitely. The kids inspire me every day.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
My Cinderella Story Box



The colors matched the illustration so perfectly.

What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
When I was about nine years old, I cut strips of paper and made a "woven" basket. I couldn't get the pieces to stay so I covered the entire thing in scotch tape. I thought I was a genius. Thank goodness I don't have any pictures of it.

Explain your etsy shop name.
Pretty straight forward. My mother always called me creative, and I believe that when you find an item that is perfect for you, it has a certain sparkle to it. Plus its a homage to all the glitter I used as a child.

Angelina or Jen?
Neither, I'm not big on celebrities in general.

Final words?
Do what you love, love what you do. Have fun, and don't settle, ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home