Saturday, January 20, 2007

Featured Seller: Beedz with a Zing!

Damn you, Beedz With a Zing!
You made me look up the word "Ackamarackus."

I hate you for that.

Best I can tell, Ackamarackus is a book of fables. It's also a word that means "tall tales." But I'm not so bright. And google can only help me so much.

But enough with my inadequacies. More about Beedz With a Zing! , who is not only smarter than I'll ever be, but clearly a talented crafter too!



Your Shop Name
Beedz With a Zing!

Your real name
Shaina

Fifth grade teacher?
I was homeschooled from fourth grade on, so my parents were my teachers.

When did you first start crafting?
I've always been interested in making things. I used to create all kinds of things as a kid. I even built a teepee which I lovingly dubbed "Shaina's Tipi". Hey..I was young! As for my current crafting adventures, I started making earrings a few years ago, just as a way to keep sane while I stayed by myself for an entire week. It just took off from there. I recently taught myself how to crochet, so that has opened a whole new door for crafting!

Got a day job? What is it?
I am full time student, studying Elementary Education. I also work part time for a home school supply business.

What creation are you most proud of and why?
I am most proud currently of the Mad Mad Monster hat. It was an idea I had, and I simply ran with it. I'm amazed at how well it turned out!



What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
The ugliest thing I have EVER made would have to be what was dubbed "Chucky". It was my first attempt at an amigurumi animal, and it came out looking so, so deformed. So bad in fact, I destroyed all photos of it, as well as the...thing....itself.

Explain your etsy shop name.
When I first began making earrings, I was desperately trying to think up a name. I employed the help of my little brother, he came up with Beads with a Zing. A local store owner (where I have some of my earrings on display) gave me the idea of changing the spelling. So it then because Beedz with a Zing. I took it from there and chose the happy little bee as my mascot, of sorts.

Angelina or Jen?
ARGH! Neither. Both are way overrated spoiled little brats who need an education about how things are in the real world. *jumps off soapbox*

Final words?
Persnickety. Repudiation. Suttle. Ackamarackus. The end!

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ackamarackus is a word! It was used back in the 1930's and it means....wait for it...

Nonsense. I fell in love with it, for obvious reasons :)

Anywhosit, THANK YOU for featuring me. Eee, its so exciting! I'm sorry you hate me now though for making you google something :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home