Sunday, January 14, 2007

Featured Seller: Oblina Knit

One of my favorite interview questions for this blog is "What's the ugliest thing you've ever made?"

Ahhh, so many memories.

When I was little, my parents used to dump clam shells in our garden's huge compost pile. I immediately plucked them out and painted them all sorts of Stupid: smeared smiley faces, crosses, stars, rainbows, you name it.

Then I'd stuff My Art in a Matchbox car carrier, knock on doors and hawk them for $1. EACH!! Some neighbors, God bless their big fat hearts, actually bought them. I can't even imagine what they were thinking.

Oh the shame.

The reason I bring this up is because our next featured seller -- Oblina Knit -- actually cops to making a two-headed monster costume as a child. I wish I could see the wonder of that!

Meet the fabulously talented -- and Non-Clamshell Toting -- Oblina Knit.





Your Shop Name
Oblina Knit

Your real name
Amy

Name of your first grade teacher
Mrs. Beaner

When did you first start crafting?
Childhood – my friend and I used to make an array of halter tops for our Barbie dolls out of fabric scraps we would find in our houses. We were always doing something creative - drawing and playing with construction paper and glue, and making things out of stuff we found laying around.

Got a day job? What is it?
I recently walked out of my ‘career’ job – and have never been happier! Now, I work at a medical services company, with great people in a great (and flexible) environment. It allows me the energy to come home and craft!

What creation are you most proud of and why?
The DillyLounger – my cats needed something and the commercial beds are too puffy, big & ugly…I love minkee fabric so starting playing around with it and came up with the DillyLounger – its portable and the cats love it!



What's the ugliest thing you ever made?
In grade school, my best friend and I made a Halloween costume out of cardboard and paper mache - it was a 2 headed monster outfit - I think it ended up being more ugly than scary!

Beatles or Elvis?
Elvis

Chunky Money or New York Superfudge Chunk?
Supefudge - The more chocolate the better!

World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
Can’t we have both?

Final words?
Etsy rules! What a great place to hang out during the day and shop! I look forward to meeting new crafty friends and attending more shows in the next year – Hope to see you all there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home