Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Featured Seller: Garden Gate Designs

Oh this necklace.



With this necklace, I would be Grace Kelly at the 27th AnnualAcademy Awards ceremony. I would be aleek and fabulous in a double-strapped shaped-and-draped gown, bejeweled hair clip and this necklace.

Can you see it? Can you see my sleek classic beauty?

Thank you Garden Gate Designs. And now, back to my regularly scheduled sweatpants program...

But not for you, dear reader! Garden Gate Designs has everything you need to be fabulous and forever. Check her out!

Shop Name:
Garden Gate Designs

Real Name:
Rosemary

Name of my first Grade Teacher:
I only remember the name of my Fourth Grade Teacher, Mrs. McGinnis. She was so kind to a very shy little girl. At the end of the school year she gave me all the unused paper supplies (maps, etc.) to take home. My brothers and I spent hours playing school during summer vacation in our backyard in a tent made from a blanket over a clothes line. I have never forgotten her and that was back in the 1950's.

When did you first start crafting:
Maybe Jr. High School. I remember a papermache volcano that really lit up and had some sort of goop running down the sides for lava I made for the science fair in 7th grade. Did not have much help with it. And, the papermache bull mask I made in art class that was purple and yellow. I wore it for Halloween that year.

I have always made my own flower arrangements, wreaths, etc. I started creating jewelry 7 years ago after not being able to find a bracelet I wanted as a reminder of our first vacation to the Outer Banks. The one I wound up buying was only a stretchy and it was pretty expensive. I took a couple of basic jewelry classes at Jo Ann Fabrics and the rest has been all self taught.




Got a day job? What is it?
I have a very part time job that is perfect for my "last" job. I am a receptionist in a local beauty salon. I work a couple of nights and always Saturdays. I do fill ins too. It is seasonal. Right now it is slow. It affords me the time I need to spend on my Etsy shop. Been there over 2 years. Love the gals I work with, all 14 of them and my boss. Shop has been there for 30 years. Everything is done by hand. Kind of refreshing after years of working stressful office jobs. It pays for my beading lust!

What creation are you most proud of?
The creation I am most proud of is a lampwork necklace/earring set that I recently sold titled "Ice Princess". I had saved the lampwork beads for two years until I found just the right beads to go with it and a way to transfer into jewelry what those beads conveyed to me.



What's the ugliest thing you've ever made?
I don't think I have ever made an ugly thing. If I had I would sure remember it! Ugly is a no, no.

Beatles or Elvis?
I am a fan of both the Beatles and Elvis. They are from my era.

Chunky Monkey or New York Superfudge Chunk?
As for ice cream, that is a no no, too. I love ice cream but am slimming down for the downside of 60. 13 pounds and 15 more to go. But, if given the choice, I would probably have a double scoop of both!!

World peace or worldwide distribution of your crafts?
If I had a choice, world peace would be mine. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone could learn to get along in this world. I must be a dreamer. On the other hand, worldwide distribution of my crafts would be great!

Final Words?
I really enjoy making beautiful things for other people. It gives me great satisfaction when someone admires my work enough to purchase it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home